Oct 23, 2007

Military Folks Read This

We have all seen some of the sacrifices military folks have made over the last four years. I'm not talking just active duty regular Army or Marines here, but Guard and Reserves as well. You know who you are. To everyone who puts on a uniform and straps on a weapon to serve this country, SALUTE!

This former Army brat knows the sacrifices you and your family have gone through. Nope, I've never carried a weapon for my country. Probably could if I had to, but never did. However, I now have a father and uncle who are disabled Vietnam vets. Both were infantry and Pops was a career man. (SALUTE Pops!) He's nearly deaf now and my uncle was impacted by Agent Orange. Last I heard, he's blind and paralyzed. (SALUTE Rick!)

This next tidbit is a little too late for them, but we as a country are finally recognizing what these folks have gone through. Americans are now supporting their troops, as long as it doesn't interrupt their shopping or their busy lives. (Don't get me started.)

Anyhow, I want to let you in on a little known secret. For you active duty guys and gals out there, a lot of institutions will provide you with extras. All you have to do is ask. The bank I work at provides something called the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Program. Apply for credit there and receive APRs that will knock the socks off Donald Trump. There's more, but I can't get into it. ASK, and ye shall receive. This cowboy has always said, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." So ASK. You and yours deserve it. 'Nuf said.-SH

No comments: