Mar 19, 2010

Tired of bake sales and fundraisers at your school?

Aren't we all tired about hearing about cuts to school budgets, teachers losing jobs and reductions to school activities? Who wants to have another five or 10 bake sales and fundraisers next year? Hands?

Here's one option I just stumbled upon that seems like a win-win for school districts. I'm sure it would require local and superintendent approval, but something to think about.

According to the Associated Press, about a half dozen states already allow school bus advertising, including Colorado, Arizona, Florida, Minnesota, Tennessee and Texas. And it's an idea being considered in Ohio, New Jersey and Utah.

LINK: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100319/ap_on_bi_ge/us_school_bus_ads

1 comment:

Paul WYnn said...

To make money for their schools, kids are able to do fundraisers at my workplace the supermarket. Everytime I go outside, I can't help but buy overpriced goods from them. Everytime...